Monday, July 28, 2008

Rich Dad, Poor Dad

Never has a book evoked so much emotion than this one. In the beginning of the text, I was humored. As I read a few more more pages I was a tad skeptical, a few more pages had me angry and as I made it to the final section, I was inspired. Let me explain:

The beginning of the book is a reminiscence of one fellow's childhood quest to make money (using a science text, old metal, and a nickel mold): childhood counterfieting. As the child grew so did his instruction on making money which is the part where I became skeptical (so easy? huh!)

The section of the book which angered me was the author's reminder that I work from January to May just to pay the government taxes! I am working to pay for services that I may not even have the opportunity to use (social security being one)! I work, pay bills, work, pay bills.....a pattern not unlike a hamster running on a wheel (run, spin, run, spin). Both of us (hamster and I) getting nowhere fast!

At the end of the book, I have become inspired. I may not become the next "Rockefeller", but I am going to aspire to have my money work for me and not the other way around.

Read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and be inspired. (or maybe wealthy).

No comments: